Monday, January 7, 2013

Book Challenge

 

One thing I regretfully didn’t have much time to do last year was read. I love to read, but life seemed to get too busy to have the energy to read anything other than reports and emails. I’ve challenged myself to read at least one book for each of the 12 months of the year. Four of these books are for Soleil to read to Xavier before bedtime. Soleil is developing a true love for reading, and my hope is that she will influence her brother to do so also. Here are the books on my list to read this year. There is a wide variety of spiritual, inspirational, educational, informative, business, and imaginative. They are in no particular order, but since I’ve already started Unglued, I think I will finish that for the month of January.

 unglued wright-simply-christian-3 Seven-by-Jen-Hatmaker imagesCAX6RS83 Great-By-Choicegift_dyslexia

middle-place  lucky-stars-1-wish-upon-friend-phoebe-bright-paperback-cover-art {8754B14C-8557-4E37-B987-96EF984BA56B}Img100 16060026 the-shackHoles

12 BOOKS FOR 12 MONTHS (in no particular order)

1.Simply Christianity by N. T. Wright

2.Seven: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" by Jen Hatmaker

3.Unglued by Lisa Terkeurst

4. Sacrilege by Hugh Halter

5. Great by Choice by Jim Collins

6. The Gift of Dyslexia by Ronald D. Davis

7. The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan

8. The Shack by W.M Paul Young

9. Lucky Stars by Phoebe Bright (for Soleil and Xavier)

10. Junie B., First Grader Dumb Bunny by Barbara Park (for Soleil and Xavier)

11.Escape from the Forbidden Planet by Julie Anne Grasso (for Soleil and Xavier)

12. Holes by Louis Sachar (for Soleil and Xavier)

2 comments:

  1. I would love to read Unglued with you this book has been awesome thus far! Love your blog keep up the great work! You are an inspiration!!:)

    ReplyDelete